- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- Google Analytics
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- Childrens Privacy
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Radio Southend collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.)
- Usage Data
- Tracking & Cookies Data
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Radio Southend with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Use one of our brand apps (Apple, Android, Amazon & Google) or listen through a connected device online or via a smart speaker.
We will not normally collect any sensitive personal information from you, and will, in any event, ask for your express consent to hold this information if we need to do so.
Radio Southend may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
Google Analytics is implemented on this website and collects various data points from visitors to the website. IP Addresses are used to distinguish visitor numbers to the website. Google Analytics will record the country you access this website from using your IP Address. Data gathered by Google Analytics allows us to analyse visitor numbers on this website, track users' movement around the website and from page to page. We use this information see how visitors use and interact with our website. Google Analytics data is stored for a period of 26 months which allows us to build a year upon year picture of visitor numbers to our website.
Data gathered by Google Analytics may be stored outside of the European Union in line with its undertakings through the EU-US Privacy Shield Program. Further information can be found here.
You can find out more about Google’s position on privacy as regards its analytics service here.
We use this information collected by Google Analytics for reporting purposes and to advertise online. Third-party vendors, including Google, may show your ads on sites across the internet. We may use the cookies relating to Google Analytics together with third party cookies to inform, optimise and serve ads based on a user's part visits to our website.
How will we use your data?
Radio Chlelmsford collects your data so that we can:
- Allow you to interact with our stations and make requests
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- Understand how many people are visiting our sites and listening to our stations
- Notify you of any changes to our services
- Provide customer care & support
- To detect and prevent any technical issues
How long do we keep your data for?
Radio Southend will keep your data for no longer than 3 years. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data from our servers.
Radio Southend would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Radio Southend from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the Radio Southend.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
What are your data protection rights?
Radio Southend would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Radio Southend for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Radio Southend correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Radio Southend to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Radio Southend erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Radio Southend restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Radio Southend’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Radio Southend transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Understand how many users and how frequently users visit our websites;
- Remember your site preferences and location so that you don’t have to resubmit the same information every time you visit our websites;
- Increase our website speed;
- Store details of your preferred media player (using flash cookies) – some content may not work if these are disabled
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Radio Southend uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Radio Southend uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Radio Southend sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Radio Southend has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office. More information can be found at www.ico.org.uk on how to do this.